“This is no aloof snootfest – this is Austin-style live music that can make your heart go like a roman candle…” -Austin Chronicle
Who is One Ounce Opera?
One Ounce Opera…
- was founded in August of 2012 with the motto — “Opera isn’t obsolete. Popular opinion of opera is.”
- is dedicated to reimagining opera in unexpected spaces, from the rock stages of Red 7 to City Hall.
- is an ensemble of professional singing artists who incubate, create, and produce opportunities to inject “ounces” of opera and classical references into the social consciousness, utilizing cross-genre collaborations, pop-culture references, a bit of improvisation, and the simple beauty of the human voice.
- is an award-winning collective who has been featured on KVUE, KMFA, KUTX, KOOP, KVRX, on Austin 360 and in the Austin Chronicle, and performed as part of EAST, Fusebox, SoundSpace at the Blanton, HONKTX!, during SXSW, PRIDE Austin, and the Downtown Tree Lighting.
- is humbled to be one of the newest sponsored projects of the Austin Creative Alliance.
Read more here: http://oneounceopera.com